The time has come to maximize your oral health care before Halloween is here. If you take good care of your teeth and gums with effective treatments and systems this Halloween, you can make sure your risk for an oral health disaster will remain at a minimum. Consider these tips to help protect your smile this holiday season:
– Don’t spend all your time worrying about your health care alone, as our amazing team at PR Cosmetic and General Dentistry can help you with routine checkups and professional cleanings to ensure your smile shines.
– Carefully inspect any candy that you may have and remove products or sweets that may be hazardous to your oral health.
– Offer your loved one’s incentives and rewards to exchange their candy for better choices.
– Create a plan about what to do with leftover candy after Halloween has ended.
– Always make sure you are cleaning your teeth every day by brushing and flossing effectively as well as washing out your mouth after eating.
– Shy away from unhealthy sweets and treats, and instead, opt-in for healthy snacks such as crunchy and watery foods.
– Try to eat in short binges, as grazing over an extended period of time can increase your risk of tooth decay.
If you need additional protection, and need to set up an appointment with Dr. Paul Roe at PR Cosmetic and General Dentistry, please call us to at 253-435-0333, or stop by our office in Puyallup, Washington. We wish you a ‘spooktacular’ Halloween!