The best recovery options for a tooth extraction are the ones that are given by those who have already gone through or done the procedure countless times. Every family has their own version of wives tales that they pass around to help others in recovery. Yet, some of these are simply ways to dull the pain, and don’t actually help in the recovery process. The best advice is the following:
– If swelling occurs, apply ice packs.
– Stop smoking, or give it up at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– To avoid choking, wait until the anesthetic wears off before eating.
– Follow the strict diet as given by your dentist.
– Rest heavily, and try to avoid exercise
– Follow your dentist’s advice and instructions.
– If necessary, take any pain medications or antibiotics prescribed by your dentist, exactly as instructed.
Follow these steps, and you will be on the road to recovery.
Consult your dentist if you experience:
– Ongoing bleeding that won’t stop
– An increase in swelling
– An ongoing fever that won’t go away
– Heavy pain that lasts three to four days post-surgery
If you would like to contact us for additional details, please call PR Cosmetic and General Dentistry at 253-435-0333 to talk to a member of our team. Call us today, or stop by our office in Puyallup, Washington, and we will help you in any way we can.